MWLP Linking Youth can assist you with:
MWLP actively seeks and fosters partnerships with business and industry. We want to offer a service that gives local business a look at potential future employees and an opportunity to connect with their community. Year 11 and 12 students who are studying vocational courses need to be placed in business for work placement. This is compulsory as the students will not be awarded their HSC unless they complete a successful placement.
There are many benefits to your business should you decide to offer students work placement in your business.
The areas we provide work placement in are Automotive, Business Services, Construction, Electro technology, Entertainment, Hospitality, Human Services, Information & Digital Technology, Metal & Engineering, Retail, Primary Industries and Tourism.
MWLP Linking Youth can connect you to the workforce of the future. We have access to talented young people who have demonstrated a willing attitude and great aptitude for work, while on work placement.
- Brokerage of strategic partnerships with education, business, industry, tertiary and training providers, parents and other key influencers and/or stakeholders
- Facilitation of Programs/Events – Industry link programs with schools, Get that Job day etc.
- Links in Schools to young people for Apprenticeships and Traineeships, SBATs
- RTO Services and Resources – Industry Validations, Consultations, Industry Currency Work Placement, Industry Diary
- Engagement App and more
- Short Training Courses
Ways Business and Industry can engage:
- With young people through work placement, career conversations, mock interviews, industry visits, mentoring, developing young entrepreneurs and leaders and other programs
- List on Macarthur Careers website and participate in VET in Schools Forum
- Participate in Macarthur Careers Expo, other expos and information nights
For more information contact us on 02 4625 1863