MWLP Board of Management
The MWLP Board has the following key roles and responsibilities:
- the development and review of the MWLP constitution and related policy and procedures
- the review and approval of reports, business plans, strategic plans etc
- attending meetings as scheduled
- approving an annual budget
- the review and approval of financial plans and reports
- appointing and monitoring the CEO
- carrying out a Performance Appraisal of the CEO at least annually
- ensuring good corporate governance, including
- high standards of integrity and ethical behaviour
- a level of transparency and consistency of action
- clear definitions of roles for Board members, employees and subcontractors
- accountability for operational aspects, including use of funding
- address and monitor potential conflict of interest issues
- providing strategic leadership and direction
- representing and promoting MWLP amongst key stakeholders
- complying with responsibilities under the relevant Incorporation legislation
- ensuring that suitable Board members are recruited and retained
- ensuring that MWLP satisfies all legal, statutory, contractual and ethical requirements
- ensuring appropriate insurance is taken out
- ensuring that MWLP has an appropriate risk management framework in place to mitigate or reduce corporate governance risks that have been identified
MWLP Board Members
Adam Farmer (Chair)
Adam is the Employment Services Manager of MG My Gateway – a Campbelltown based Group Training Organisation and employer of over 300 apprentices and trainees across the Macarthur, greater Sydney metro and Illawarra regions. He has significant experience in working with young people as they start their careers in an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Gary Dunshea (Deputy Chair)
Gary is the Industry Liaison Officer with Manufacturing Skills Australia (MSA), working with training package development and implementation nationally. He also worked for seven years as a workplace trainer and assessor for both private and government RTOs. Prior to that he worked for 25 years as a tradesman.
Kylie Anderson, MCom, FIPA (Treasurer)
Kylie is the Finance Manager at Macarthur Disability Services Ltd (MDS). She has over 20 years accounting experience in which she has worked in Commerce, Public Practice, Manufacturing and in the Not-for-Profit sector.
Graziella is the Education Officer – Vocational Education and Training (VET) for Sydney Catholic Schools based at the Inner Western Region, Lidcombe. Her current role is to support Catholic Secondary Schools with their delivery of VET. Prior to this Graziella was the RTO Manager for the Diocese of Wollongong. As a secondary Teacher for 16 years, her extensive Vocational Education growth began in 2007, whilst employed with the NSW Department of Education as the South Western Sydney Regional School Based Apprenticeship and Traineeship (SBAT) Consultant, which lead her into the fulfilling role of a Senior Pathways Officer, VET. Graziella thoroughly enjoys working closely with all stakeholders in the ‘VET world’.
Meredith is currently Principal of Elderslie High School. She has 13 years experience in a leadership role with the Department of Education and Communities. Meredith commenced her career as a Teacher. She spent five years as Deputy Principal at Moorebank High School followed by three years as Principal at Granville South High School.
Lyn is a Senior Pathways Officer for the NSW Department of Education. She has supported local government schools in their delivery of Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses since 2009. Prior to that Lyn was a Hospitality teacher and a VET Coordinator at Elderslie High School.
Johanna is employed by TAFE NSW, South Western Sydney Institute in the role of Manager Secondary School Programs. She commenced employment with TAFE NSW in 1989 as a teacher and then moved through several positions until commencing her current role in supporting Vocational Education & Training (VET) for school students since 2005.
Barry is a former General Manager of Stanley Bostitch and as Industry Development Manager for the Macarthur. Now retired, Barry is involved as a volunteer with Ingleburn Rotary and Myrtle Cottage, and is a long-standing MWLP Board member and former Chair.