MWLP Linking Youth can assist you with:
MWLP invites educators to engage and partner with us in pursuit of our mutual interest in maximising education and transition outcomes for our youth through our various program areas. MWLP can assist by facilitating the engagement of business and industry, parents and families and community groups, and by advocating innovation and good practice in support of this end.
MWLP has been working in partnership with high schools and TAFE colleges for more than twenty years to facilitate work placements for HSC vocational education and training courses. We understand that educators are time poor and we want to help you.
For more information click on the about work placement tab.
The courses we provide work placement for are Automotive, Business Services, Construction, Electro technology, Entertainment, Hospitality, Human Services, Information & Digital Technology, Metal & Engineering, Retail, Primary Industries and Tourism.
Career & Transition:
We can also provide a tailored service to assist you and your school with any or all of the following:
- Brokerage of strategic partnerships with education, business, industry, tertiary and training providers, parents and other key influencers and/or stakeholders
- Facilitation of Programs/Events – transition to work, industry engagement, Get that Job day etc.
- Career Conversations – guidance and pathways/Industry talks/Industry visits
- Employment Preparation/Skills/Workshops – interview preparation, resume preparation, mock interviews, employability skills, what to expect at work, money matters, building confidence, resilience and self-esteem etc.
- Motivating young people activities
- Links to Apprenticeships and Traineeships, SBATs
- Referral to other specialist services
- Supporting the development of young entrepreneurs and leaders
- Career Resources/Events -Macarthur Careers website and Macarthur Careers Expo support and other Expos and Information nights
We can also assist with:
- * Links to Industry
- * RTO Services and Resources – Industry Validations, Consultations, Industry Currency – Teacher Work Placement, Industry Diary Engagement App
- * Professional Development for Teachers
- * Short Course Training
- * VET in Schools Forum facilitator
For more information contact us on 02 4625 1863.