MWLP Linking Youth can assist you with:
If your child is in Year 11 or 12 and studying a Vocational (VET) course, it is compulsory for them to undertake work placement. We organise all placements for them through their school and we negotiate with our volunteer host employers to take them for their week-long placement.
The courses we provide work placement for are Automotive, Business Services, Construction, Electro technology, Entertainment, Hospitality, Human Services, Information & Digital Technology, Metal & Engineering, Retail, Primary Industries and Tourism and Events.
Career & Transition:
We can also provide a tailored service to assist you and your child with any of the following:
- Career Conversations – career coaching/ guidance/pathways
- Employment Preparation/Skills/Workshops – interview preparation, resume preparation, mock interviews, employability skills, what to expect at work, money matters, building confidence, resilience and self-esteem etc.
- Links to Apprenticeships and Traineeships, SBATs
- Macarthur Careers website and Expos and Information nights
- Referral to other specialist services
- Supporting the development of young entrepreneurs and leaders
- Motivating young people activities
For more information contact us on 02 4625 1863 or contact us.