As a young person whose compulsory education is coming to an end the transition into the next stage of your life can be a scary thought. You may have thought about it but are still a little unsure. MWLP is here to help – we can connect you to the right people and point you in the right direction.
As you start to explore the possibilities it is great to talk to the people around you. Share your ideas concerns etc with your teachers, careers advisers, parents and friends.
Here are some things to consider when thinking about your future:
- Having one job your whole life is very rare
- As the world changes so does the world of work
- Australia’s population is ageing, which is creating opportunities for youth
- Throughout your career you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain new experience
Connecting To The Workforce
Whilst you are still at school there are so many opportunities for you to experience and explore a range of careers.
- Work placements
- Industry visits
- Careers expos
- Guest speakers
- Projects with community, industry or other schools
If you are interested and would like your school to be involved or you simply have some ideas please contact MWLP.