Every student undertaking Work Placement will be eligible to go into the draw to win an iPad – providing you:
- Phone/visit your Host employer before you begin your Work Placement
- Ensure you get your paperwork signed by all parties
- Complete the required hours
- Be the best you can be whilst undertaking your Work Placement
- Complete the evaluation on line at mwlp.com.au
The winner will be announced late in 2016 and will be notified by MWLP.
Students Recognised and Rewarded for Excellence in Work Placement
The Work Placement Honour Roll is an initiative of MWLP and MG My Gateway which rewards excellence in HSC VET work placement. It is made up of students who their host employers have identified as being outstanding and have had extremely positive feedback about them during their week of work placement. This feedback is gathered through weekly calls to host employers which our team makes for every student on placement and students are progressively added to the roll throughout the year. As a nominee, students receive:
- An exclusive offer to attend an interview with MG My Gateway for an available apprenticeship or traineeship with one of their employers
- Inclusion on a framed and mounted Honour Roll, which is presented to each school/TAFE to proudly display alongside other significant school/college achievements which recognizes them by their Principals, teachers and peers; and
- A personal certificate to proudly display in their resume and to show prospective employers
Every student nominated for the Honour Roll is also in the running for the ‘Work Placement Student of the Year’. Three outstanding students are selected as finalists and the winner is announced at the prestigious MG My Gateway Apprentice & Trainee Awards.
We feel this is a great partnership with MG My Gateway which rewards students who have performed exceptionally well during their work placement and provides them with a unique opportunity. Students are put in touch with local employers and hopefully the outcome will mean great talented young people are retained by the employers of our region.
We believe that recognizing excellence in work placement is a long overdue reward for local VET students and is one that will address the gap between work placement and real employment.